Working at Triangle Community Center is a great opportunity for anyone interested in building a career in nonprofit administration, human services, and community organizations all while serving the LGBTQ community.
Development Manager - Fundraising
Since 1990 Triangle Community Center has been Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBTQ+ programming and services to nurture growth and connection within the community. Our mission is to empower and advocate for LGBTQ+ people in Connecticut through programming focused on health, community and learning.
Our mental health and case management services reach more than 450 individuals annual and continues to increase. Our programs are attended over 2,500 times a year and we put on one of the largest Pride celebrations in CT: Pride in the Park.
The Development Manager will lead efforts for the creation and implementation of strategic plans to raise significant funds for TCC from major gifts, corporate sponsorships, special campaigns, events and grants. Duties include overseeing and managing fundraising efforts, building strong and successful relationships with donors and volunteers, and collaborating with staff to effectively execute fundraising events.
This full-time position will work in collaboration with and report directly to the Executive Director.
- Develop and oversee annual fundraising programs, including major gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants, events and special campaigns
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships to generate significant revenue throughout the year
- Report monthly/quarterly on metrics goals for Board review
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Research donor relation programs at local, state and federal art institutions
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on major gifts and high-dollar corporate sponsorships
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our Community Engagement Manager
- Supervise and lead the fundraising team
- Passion for serving the LGBTQ+ community
- Must be a Team player who is committed to TCC’s mission and our clients
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of fundraising experience in a non-profit
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Supervisory experience of 2+ direct reports is required
- Effective communications, including superb written and oral communication skills
- Must be a person of high moral character who abides by and models best practices in HR and finance along with best industry standards for non-profit programs, services and management
- Knowledge of and commitment to the health and wellness of the LGBTQ+ community
- Demonstrable, proven track record in high-dollar fundraising
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; exceptional time management
- Self-starter, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, energetic and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational skills and detailed-oriented
- Successful history of funding from Sponsorships, Events, Major Gifts and Grants
- Familiarity with various fundraising/donor tracking software. Raiser’s Edge NXT experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
$55,000 to $70,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Health, Dental and Vision insurance (employee contribution)
Paid Time Off
Triangle Community Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for the position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.